"For my name will be great among the nations, from the rising of the sun to its setting." Malachi 1:11
Monday, August 3, 2009
Warren Family Update - August 2009
These last few weeks have flown by so quickly, and now the time has come. Our bags are packed sitting in the hall waiting to be loaded, and hard goodbyes have been said. We will leave Swaziland this Wednesday to travel to Johannesburg, South Africa, and will stay overnight there with one of our dear colleagues before leaving. Our flight will depart Jo'burg on Thursday, August 6th, 6pm (our time), arriving in Charlotte, NC, on Friday, August 7th, 10 am (EST).
We can't put into words just how much we appreciate all of your love and prayers throughout this past year. Your calls and emails have meant so much to us ... thank you for pouring into our lives and encouraging us as we begin this next chapter. As you all know, goodbyes are never easy, but we are so thankful that God has granted us such sweet times with our mission family and Swazi friends before leaving.
As we come to mind, please remember these special requests:
* Travel safety to Jo'burg, and our return flights to the States (Johannesburg, SA to Washington, DC; Washington, DC to Charlotte, NC)
* Sweet goodbyes with our mission family in Johannesburg
* Our Swaziland mission family, The Myers and the Allens ... pray for strength and direction as they continue to serve the Lord throughout this beautiful country. Also, pray for the Lord to call others to join them here in sharing the Gospel, the fields ARE truly white and ready for harvest.
* Direction on employment/ministry opportunities for us as we return back to the States
* My parents as they adjust to moving into our home, and for Dad's continued improvement and rehabilitation
* Smooth transitions for Jessie, Matthew and Sarah as they return home and enroll back into their schools beginning August 25th
We look forward to staying in touch with you all, and cherish your friendship. Again, thank you for all the many, many ways you have ministered to our family ... we love you!
~ The Warren Family ~
bert, lisa, jessie, matthew & sarah
US Mailing Address:
Bert & Lisa Warren
6612 Pleasant Hill Church Road
Marshville, NC 28103